The water heater of a home is often one of the most overlooked appliances. It is often overlooked because they are typically installed in basements and closets so they are not seen on a daily basis. Generally, a water heater will last about ten to fifteen years before it begins to go bad. It is important homeowners are aware of the signs they may need a new Water Heater Installation Southington CT.
If these signs are present, a homeowner needs to purchase a new water heater:
- Leaks of any kind should be promptly addressed because they can lead to electric shock. When a tank begins leaking, this means corrosion is occurring and the tank is breaking down. While some leaks can be patched, an owner needs to consider purchasing a new heater as soon as possible, if their tank is consistently leaking.
- If a homeowner notices their water heater is no longer supplying their home with the right level of hot water, it may be time to begin considering a new heater. This can sometimes mean the tank is too small or the heating element could be going out.
- When the hot water side of the faucet is not producing hot water at all, this means the heating element has gone out and the heater needs to be replaced. Anytime the supply is interrupted, the issue needs to be addressed by a plumber.
- A home may need a new water heater installation in Southington CT if clanging and banging sounds are occurring while the tank is running. These sounds are made when corrosion begins occurring and breaking off pieces of metal that interact with the heating element.
- If an electric model is sparking in the electrical panel, it is important the heater is shut off and a homeowner seeks a plumber right away. Operating the system in this state can lead to serious injury and fire.
- If you are in need of a new Water Heater Installation Southington CT, contact James J Rybczyk Plumbing & Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. They will be glad to help you with all your plumbing needs. Call today for further information.
Be the first to like.